Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Danie and Ilene - my favourite

After the first time I met with Danie and Ilene I knew that this couple was a match made in heaven and that I was going to have fun creating their cake. As they are a very funky couple they didn't really want to do the worn out wedding traditions..... the cutting of the cake, but they wanted a cake with a difference. As they didn't have gifts for each guest and the cake had to be dessert, I suggested: "why don't we put the jumbo sized cupcakes into the clear pack boxes with a ribbon, then the guest can decide if they want to eat it there or take it home with them!" And so I got nodds and smiles. The wedding colours where black, white with a touch of turquoise, and knowing that Danie likes carrot cake and Ilene like chocolate cake, Danie's pet name for Ilene is 'duifie' and Ilene's for Danie is 'vissie', I had some thinking to do. And this is what we came up with......

A 1.5m tall cake, each tier being different from the other and each box had small edible turquoise fish in them, unfortunately I couldn't find any white edible birds. Luckily nobody noticed, I think it is because Ilene looked absolutedly gorgeous!

The top 2 tiers was choc chip cherry chocolate cakes with a yummy chocolate butter cream icing, blue dragees and a white chocolate heart.




The following and bottom tier was carrot cake with a devine vanilla cream cheese frosting and buttermilk and cinnamon with a chocolate coated toffee alternatively.
The 3rd tier was a moist devils chocolate cupcake with the yummy chocolate butter cream frosting decorated with mini smarties and mini astros...




No comments:

Post a Comment